ROCHDALE ASSOCIATION FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED (“COMPANY”)
Directors: S Gauge (Chairman), G Courtney, T Pockney, A Kelly, M Knight, R Knight, J Sarsfield, J Wormald.
NOTICE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING
Notice is hereby given that an Extraordinary General Meeting of Rochdale Association Football Club (“RAFC”) will be held as follows.
Type of meeting: The meeting will be held in-person.
Date of meeting: Thursday 30th June 2022.
Time of meeting: 19:00.
Place: The Ratcliffe Bars & Function Suite, Sandy Lane, Rochdale, OL11 5DR.
Members will be asked to consider and, if thought fit, to pass Special Resolution 1 in accordance with the new regulation passed at the EFL’s Annual General Meeting on 10 June 2022 (known as the ‘Mandatory Articles’).
Members will also be asked to consider and, if thought fit, pass Special Resolution 2 which was the subject of the adjourned 23 May 2022 EGM.
- THAT the Articles of Association of the Company be amended as follows:
- By inserting the following Articles 20A and 20B after the present Article 20, namely:
20(A) Without prejudice to the provisions of Article 20, the directors may refuse to register the transfer of any share(s) in the event that:
- (i) the Football League Limited (company number 00080612) has not provided the transferee with all necessary confirmations and approvals as required by the Owners’ and Directors’ Test contained at Appendix 3 of the EFL Regulations (as updated from time to time) or any equivalent provision of the EFL Regulations as updated from time to time; or
- (ii) registering the transfer of any share(s) would cause the Company to breach any Regulation, Football Association Rule, Premier League Rule or any other equivalent provision of any regulatory authority to which the Club is subject.
20(B) Except as required by law, no person is to be recognised by the Company as holding any share upon any trust, and except as otherwise required by law or the articles, the Company is not in any way to be bound by or recognise any interest in a share other than the holder’s absolutely ownership of it and all the rights attaching to it.
- THAT, the directors of the Company are hereby authorised to grant a commercial lease to Iduna Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure PLC for the purpose of installation and operation of electric vehicle chargers within the Property carpark for a term of up to 12 years.
Registered Office: - By order of the board
The Crown Oil Arena S Gauge
Sandy Lane Chairman
Rochdale 13 June 2022
Appointment of Proxies
Members of the company entitled to attend and vote at the meeting are also entitled to appoint one or more proxies to attend, vote and speak on their behalf. A proxy does not need to be a shareholder of the Company but must attend the meeting to represent you. You can only appoint a proxy using the procedures set out in these notes and the notes to the proxy form.
To be valid, the full name of any proxies must be lodged at the registered office of the company no later than 48 hours prior to the time appointed for the meeting. Members should make proxies aware of their voting intentions and are responsible for giving them the relevant instructions directly.
Click HERE to read comment from the Board of Directors on the EGM.