Rochdale Football Club is recruiting an experienced HR Manager.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer, David Bottomley
Based at: The Crown Oil Arena, Rochdale, OL11 5DR
Salary: £28–32K pro rata (3 days a week)
Working closely with the senior team, the HR Manager will provide a comprehensive HR service ensuring that Rochdale AFC is equipped with best practice to foster a high performance and inclusive culture. This role will also be responsible for implementing and overseeing processes and policies alongside providing clear direction and guidance to help generate a positive and encouraging working environment.
The role is a varied mix of hand-on operational work combined with a strategic focus which requires providing expert advice and support.
Initially this is a 3 day a week role, however, for the right candidate there is the potential for this to develop into a full-time position.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- With the CEO, drive alignment between HR strategy and business goals
- Continuously monitor and review HR policies and processes and implement changes where necessary
- Assist with the organisation’s overall operations and the delivery of strategic objectives
- Develop HR policy and procedures to improve performance and mitigate disputes
- Monitor and ensure company compliance with changing employment laws
- Manage complex employee relations including but not limited to dispute resolutions, absence management, disciplinaries and grievances
- Introduce and manage a robust appraisal system
- Advise SMT on the terms and conditions of employment and share best practice with them
- Provide first line advice on current and existing benefits for employees and managers
- Work with appropriate parties on reward strategy.
- Provide advice on recruitment and selection strategies.
- Support the recruitment process – this may include writing job descriptions and preparing interview questions
- Carry out employee-related administration such as contracts, new starter packs, formal notices of termination etc
- Leading new starter inductions
- Oversee staff attendance and absence-monitoring
- Support the SMT in conducting annual appraisals
- Support change management processes
- Implement learning and development policy
- Manage and talent and succession planning
- Participate in the implementation of specific projects, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the organisation
- Provide general support to ensure staff welfare is optimised.
- Qualified CIPD member
Skills and knowledge
- Excellent organisational, administrative and communication skills are essential
- Solid knowledge of UK employment legislation and its application
- Proactive team player with strong customer service and problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy is crucial
- Attention to detail while working in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Ability to influence and persuade people at all levels
- Possess a broad commercial awareness
- Excellent Excel, PowerPoint and report building skills.
- Proven HR generalist experience of three to five years
- Experience in successfully developing and supporting senior managers through change
- Experience in compensation and benefits
- Experience of supporting organisational re-structure would be welcome.
How to apply
If you are interested in joining our team, then send your CV and covering letter to our recruitment partner, Alex MacArthur at email@example.com
The closing date is October 4th.