Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Match Reports

Report | MK Dons 2-1 Dale

28 January 2020

Match Reports

Report | MK Dons 2-1 Dale

28 January 2020

Dale fell to defeat on Tuesday night, losing 2-1 to MK Dons at Stadium MK.

Despite taking the lead in the first-half through Ian Henderson, the home side scored two second-half goals through Carlton Morris and Rhys Healey to secure all three points.

The first effort on goal came courtesy of Callum Brittain, whose effort from the right-hand side looped up onto the roof of the net.

Dale went close when Tyler Smith latched onto Stephen Dooley’s pass but his shot hit the side netting.

Dooley caused problems once more, this time finding Henderson whose shot was deflected behind for a corner.

From the resulting corner, Dale broke the deadlock after a well worked routine saw Eoghan O’Connell’s flicked header smashed home on the goal line by Henderson.

Morris went close to equalising for the home side, his free-kick deflecting onto the goal line before being cleared to safety.

Brittain found space down the right before firing a shot across goal which was gathered by Lynch at the second attempt.

The hosts equalised just minutes after the restart - Morris rising highest to head home from a Jordan Houghton corner.

Dale almost regained the lead when Dooley fired just wide from the edge of the area, before Brittain threatened again, shooting just wide of Lynch’s goal and into the side netting.

Alex Gilbey had two efforts on goal which were both dealt with by Lynch, with Nombe fluffing the rebound of the latter.

Ollie Rathbone latched onto a loose ball before firing towards goal, but it was tame and comfortable for Lee Nicholls in the Dons goal.

Nombe’s cross was palmed away by Lynch, but only as far as Healey, who set up Morris, but he was denied by a great block from Paul McShane.

Healey broke clear of the Dale defence down the left flank but fired wide of the post with the goal at his mercy.

MK Dons were given a golden opportunity to take all three points in injury-time when Jimmy Keohane fouled Healey in the box, leaving referee Charles Breakspear with no choice but to point to the spot.

Healey stepped up and sent Lynch the wrong way from the spot to hand the home side all three points.

Brian Barry-Murphy’s men are next in action on Saturday as they host Shrewsbury Town at the Crown Oil Arena, with ticket details available to purchase at

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match