Rochdale AFC is looking to recruit a Full Time Accounts Assistant working within our Accounts Department.
The role of Accounts Assistant is an extremely busy role involving daily accounting and bookkeeping, assisting with VAT return processing and submissions, posting of journals, handling petty cash, raising invoices, filing and data inputting.
The successful applicant will need to be:
- Highly proficient in the use of SAGE 50 Accounts – including the ability to reconcile the bank, PAYE and VAT balances.
- Extremely comfortable with all aspects of accounts – with the knowledge / intuition to be able to understand and investigate credit and debit queries
- Experienced in posting invoices (sales and purchase), allocating cash receipts
- Confident in all programs within Microsoft Office
- An excellent written and verbal communicator
- Operates with accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure and as part of a team
- Capable of using their own initiative and have an ability to multi-task
- Minimum 2 years experience working in Accounts and Bookkeeping
- Minimum 2 years experience in Sage 50 Accounts
Ideally the candidate will have experience of accounting in an retail / hospitality or sports business.
The closing date for applications is Friday 15 November 2019.
Hours of Work:
35 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm with an hour lunch break.
£18,000 to £22,000 / year.
Please email your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com.