Rochdale AFC Community Sports Trust is seeking to appoint a dedicated, professional & inclusive individual NCS (National Citizen Service) Programme Manager to organise and deliver the NCS project for young people aged 16-17 across Rochdale.
Job Title: NCS Manager
Reporting to: Rochdale AFC Community Sports Trust Manager
Location: Rochdale AFC, Sandy Lane, Rochdale OL11 5DR
Salary: Competitive £22- £24k
Hours of work: 37 hours per week, the role will require some evening and weekend working
Purpose of the Role:
The NCS Programme Manager is responsible for managing the delivery of a high quality, safe and to specification programme for the Trust. Responsibilities extend to the management of operational and administrative staff, oversight of health and safety and safeguarding matters as well as operational deployment and incident management.
The successful candidate will be the key liaison between the Trust and the EFL Trust, and will be expected too:
- To develop and implement a project, recruitment and community engagement strategy to recruit and retain young people onto the NCS programme
- To develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders including EFL Trust, NCS Trust, Schools, Colleges, Local Authority and Voluntary Sector organisations
- Develop partnerships that support recruitment and delivery of the NCS programme
- To line manage and support the NCS team, setting, reviewing and monitoring team and individual targets and objectives in line with those flowed down by the Managing Partner and/or Funding Organisation and to achieve contractual KPI’s
- Identify key areas of best practice and areas for development within your own NCS delivery to ensure the continuous improvement of the NCS programme
- Ensure the NCS programme achieves the customer satisfaction score benchmark as set by the funding body.
- Lead on the development of the NCS programme delivery timetable, ensuring all submission deadlines are adhered to
- Ensure the Programme Quality Framework and agreed timetable is embedded throughout the NCS delivery
- Oversee the recruitment and training of seasonal delivery staff ensuring contractual safer recruitment is adhered to and that the staff are performance managed and supported
- Understand and comply with safeguarding policies and procedures outlined by the various partners.
An ideal candidate will have;
- Proven project management experience
- People management experience and track record of managing relationships and partnerships and the ability to communicate with people at various levels
- A knowledge and understanding of the NCS programmed
- Experience of working with young people, particularly 15-16 year old’s ideally within an educational setting
- Experience and/or knowledge of Secondary /Higher education sector
- Excellent communication skills including written, telephone and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Excellent face to face, verbal and written communication skills
- Relevant degree or project management qualification
- A full, valid UK driving licence and access to a suitable vehicle or have alternative means of transport
- Sales experience
Please apply by emailing your CV to the head of community: Keith.email@example.com.
Rochdale AFC Community Sports Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS).
*Please note only candidates selected for interview will be notified.
Deadline for applicants is 30th November 2019.