An exciting opportunity has become available within the Rochdale AFC Academy for a Casual Academy Matchday Coordinator.
Responsible to - Academy Manager
Report to - On match days report to the Academy Manager, Phase Lead Coach and/or the Head of Academy Coaching
Salary - £25 per match day (Sunday mornings 3 hours – 8:45am-11:45am)
Location - Hopwood Hall College, Rochdale Road, Middleton, M24 6XH
Purpose of the role
Academy home games only. To ensure the smooth, effective running and safe operation of the Academy games programme on Sunday mornings for the Foundation and Youth Development Phase games programme.
- Liaise with the Academy Secretary during the week by email and phone regarding arrangements for match day, including collection of match official’s fees prior to match day.
- Arrive at Hopwood Hall College by 8:45am before parents and players begin to arrive. Any signage that needs setting up will be completed at the bottom changing rooms.
- Be visible – wear Match Day Co-ordinators fluorescent jacket if available.
- 9am-9:45am - Meet and greet the opposition staff on arrival from the car park and show them to their changing room.
- 9:45am-10:30am - Pay referees and sign in any scouts and give passes.
- 10:30am - Be visible for any enquires outside the 4G pitch and be on call in case there is an ambulance called.
- Direct away coaching staff, parents and players to the pitches.
- Ensure scouts and club representatives remain in the relevant areas when pitch side.
- Inform opposition coaches that they are fully responsible for the safety of their players and as such must escort their players to the pitches.
- Remind the coaching staff that they are responsible for ensuring that their changing room is left in a clean and tidy condition.
- When the players and staff start to leave, quickly check that the changing rooms have been swept clean and are clear of any mud, litter or drinks bottles. Report any issues to Phase Lead Coach.
- Ensure completed paperwork is returned to the Academy Secretary post-match.
- Liaise with Phase Lead Coaches and Head of Coaching, Away Team Coaches, Parents and Players.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- A positive and professional attitude and the ability to work with a range of individuals.
- Successful applicants will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance prior to taking the job role.
Whilst the successful candidate will be expected to work all Sunday match-days throughout the football season, there will be matches on other days of the week that will require cover. Therefore, it is important the successful candidate is flexible and willing to work a varied work pattern if required.
Please download and complete the Club application form (download HERE) and return to Sarah Ashton, Academy Secretary – email@example.com along with CV and covering letter detailing why you would be suitable for the role.
Closing date for applications – Friday 13th December 2019.
Rochdale AFC promote inclusion and confront and eliminate discrimination whether by reason of age, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital status or civil partnership, nationality, ethnicity (race), religion or belief, ability or disability, pregnancy and maternity and encourage equal opportunities. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.