An opportunity has arisen in our Academy for a Head of Academy Coaching Role.
Job Title: Head of Academy Coaching
Line Manager: Academy Manager
To manage and monitor the implementation and development of the coaching programme to ensure excellence in all areas adhering to the EPPP, as well as overseeing the development and delivery of the coaching staff in line with the Coach Competency Framework.
Academy Manager, Lead Foundation Phase Coach, Lead Youth Development Phase Coach, Lead Professional Development Phase Coach and all Part Time Coaches.
- Researching current trends of coaching / teaching, player development, and industry best
practice to inform practice within the Academy
- Build relationships across the academy and wider club to enable effective support to all
- Maintain / enhance own coaching competence through regular delivery when required
- Attend all aspects of EHOC development programme (Needs analysis, Induction, CPD and
EHOC development programme)
- Attend all Premier League / FA / Football League events alongside the Academy Manager as
- Conduct relevant Training Needs Analysis (TNA) of all coaches current and required level of
- Conduct a formal programme using the Coach Competency Framework to observe coach
performance and provide effective feedback for development
- Monitor the coaching process and methodology across all phases within the Academy to
ensure highest standards are maintained in line with the Academy Performance Plan
- Monitor and support the full use of the PMA towards the planning and reviewing of training
sessions and match days for all coaching staff
- Delivery of 1 to 1 coach development support through progressive individual specific
Development Action Plans
- Maintain an up to date record of all coaches’ qualifications and license status to ensure
appropriate to role
- Develop and deliver an innovative in-house CPD programme for all coaching staff based on
Academy Performance Plan and Coach Competency Framework
- Provide ad-hoc development events / resources based on common aspects identified in
Development Action Plan’s
- Build effective relationships across the multi-disciplinary teams to enhance delivery towards
the coach development programme
- To work as an integral member of the Academy Management Team to support the
development and implementation of the Academy Performance Plan with the Academy
- Monitor the Academy’s coaching programme in conjunction with the Academy Manager
ensuring consistent alignment across the academy in accordance with the Academy Performance Plan
- To be part of the Technical Board to drive the development and implementation of the Academy coaching and playing philosophy across all phases as well as the development of the player technical profile
- Contribute appropriately to the development of teaching and coaching resources
- To report bi-annually to the Academy Manager on overall progress and development within the Academy and to represent collective views on the future development and direction of
the coaching programme
- To be part of the player development sub-group to monitor issues of player progression and
retention, de-registration, and signing of new players
- Ad hoc duties as required by management
- UEFA “A” Licence (minimum requirement)
• FA Advanced Youth Award
• Experience (minimum 3 years) in coach development
- Knowledge and understanding of the EPPP process
• Valid FA Licence Coaches Club membership
• Enhanced DBS Check
• Level 2 EFAiF & Safeguarding children
• Clean UK Driving Licence
• UEFA Pro Licence
• Elite Coach Apprentice Scheme (ECAS - The Premier League)
• Coach Educator/ Mentoring Qualification
• A Teaching Qualification
• Degree in a sport related subject
• Extensive experience towards the Audit process in Academies
• Extensive experience of working across all levels in the professional game.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a DBS check in accordance with the Cub’s Child Protection procedures. In order to apply for the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter (1 side of A4 max) in support of the position along with your CV and Rochdale AFC application form.
Rochdale AFC promote inclusion and confront and eliminate discrimination whether by reason of age, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital status or civil partnership, nationality, ethnicity (race), religion or belief, ability or disability, pregnancy and maternity and encourage equal opportunities. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
The EFL has introduced positive action measures aimed at tackling the under-representation of coaches and managers from Black, Asian and Minority Ethic (BAME) backgrounds. New regulations require clubs to shortlist at least one suitably qualified BAME candidate (where an application has been received) for all roles in Academy football that require a UEFA A or UEFA B Licence. To state, this position requires a UEFA A Licence (minimum).
If you consider your ethnicity to fall within one of the following definitions – Black, Asian or other Minority Ethnic (i.e. from any other ethnic group that is not ‘White British’) - please inform us within your application.
Closing Date: 5.00pm Sunday 18th August 2019.