Here are 10 facts to help you get to know our newest recruit, Aaron Wilbraham…
1. His nickname is Alby. How did he get that, we hear you ask? He was given the nickname by his under-16s coach at Stockport County, because apparently he looked like an albatross!
2. Alby has played and scored in all four divisions – the Premier League, the Championship, League One and League Two.
3. His 100th career goal came when he was in the Premiership with Norwich City, when he scored against Fulham in March 2012.
4. He has been promoted with every permanent team he has signed for, with the exception of Bolton Wanderers, who he saved from relegation on the last day of the 2017/18 campaign.
5. On the final day of the 2017/18 season, Wilbraham wrote his name in the Bolton Wanderers history book, netting an 88th minute winner, to seal their Championship status.
6. Aged 38, he was born in Knutsford on October 21st 1979.
7. He started his career at Stockport County and has played for 10 clubs, (not including Rochdale) during his 20-year career.
8. Alby has made over 550 professional career appearances, after making his senior debut in March 1998.
9. He’s a towering forward, standing at over 6ft tall.
10. He joined Dale on his Mum’s birthday, which by his reckoning is a lucky omen!