Job Vacancy: Academy Part Time Coach (PTE)
Reporting to: Academy Manager & Phase Lead Coach
Responsibilities: The development of all Academy players by utilising the Rochdale AFC Club Vision and Values, the RAFC Coaching Competency Framework, RAFC Football Philosophy, RAFC Coaching Programmes and other supporting strategies.
Salary: £25.00 per session plus expenses
Hours: Up to four sessions per week, including matchday – Tuesday & Thursday evenings plus Saturday and Sunday mornings.
Please see the below Job Description, Role Profile and Person Specification.
If you meet the qualification criteria and feel you have the relevant experience and evidence to meet the role profile and person specification, then please apply by email with a CV and a covering letter to: Tony Ellis, Academy Manager. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Monday 20th February 2017
The EFL has introduced positive action measures aimed at tackling the under-representation of coaches and managers from Black, Asian and Minority Ethic (BAME) backgrounds. New regulations require clubs to shortlist at least one suitably qualified BAME candidate (where an application has been received) for all roles in Academy football that require a UEFA A or UEFA B Licence.
Do you consider your ethnicity to fall within one of the following definitions?
• Other Minority Ethnic (i.e. from any other ethnic group that is not ‘White British’)
* YES / NO (please indicate on your application)
Job Description, Role Profile and Person Specification
Department(s): Academy Coaching
Rochdale AFC are the Number 1 Academy for Productivity at Category 3 for the 2nd year in succession. This means that over the last 3 years the Academy has produced more home grown players to play 1st team football than any other club in the country at Category 3. We are the 2nd highest in the English Football League and 3rd highest across the country including the Premier League. (Source: The Premier League)
Rochdale AFC Academy are looking to recruit an Academy Coach who will be able to deliver the Club & Academy Football Philosophy and age specific coaching programmes as part of the Academy’s Coaching strategy, to Academy Players.
An exciting opportunity exists for highly motivated and enthusiastic coach to become a member of the Coaching department at Rochdale AFC Academy. The successful candidate will contribute to the maintenance and development of a high performance environment at the Academy. The role will work with other key stakeholders including Talent ID, Sport Science and Medical colleagues covering all aspects of player performance.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Developing Academy players
- Planning, delivering, evaluating and recording coaching sessions
- Delivering age appropriate coaching sessions to meet the needs of the players
- Monitoring individual and team performance within training and games
The successful applicants will need:
- UEFA B Coaching Qualification (Please do not apply if you haven’t received certification)
- FA Youth Award Modules 1-3 (or working towards)
- Current FA CRB/DBS check, FA Emergency Aid, FA Safeguarding Children and FA Licensed Coaches Club membership
- Knowledge and Experience
- Background within football
- Knowledge of development and session planning
- Knowledge of the Elite Player Performance Plan
- Experience of Coaching in an Academy/Centre of Excellence
- A desire to pursue a career in the football industry.
- Committed, enthusiastic and highly motivated, showing a passion for developing players.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- A positive and professional attitude and the ability to work with a range of individuals.
- Successful applicants will be subject to enhanced CRB/DBS clearance prior to taking the job role.
- Computer literate.