Rochdale Football Club is recruiting a First Team Head Physiotherapist.
Salary - circa £35,000
Are you an experienced Physiotherapist interested in leading the medical team responsible for Rochdale AFC’s first team players?
Working with key stakeholders such as coaching and medical colleagues, the role’s focus is to provide the outstanding medical care necessary to support player performance and to embed best practices and delivery as standard.
Responsible for providing physiotherapy support for the first team players, you will be an integral part of our multi-disciplinary approach to return-to-training and return-to-play process.
You will have an appreciation of the medical and scientific underpinnings of team sports, and experience of working within first team football is desirable. Effective communication skills, an understanding of working with professional players, commitment to working unsociable hours, and the ability to create the right ethos and be a role model are essential.
What are we looking for?
- FA Level 5 Advanced Trauma Medical Management in Football (ATMMiF) is essential
- A qualification at degree level (or equivalent) in sports medicine, physiotherapy or a related discipline is desirable
- HCPC and CSP registered
- Previous experience of working in professional team sport is essential
- Experience of working in professional football, at first team level, would be advantageous
- Be able to engage and motivate a diverse range of players
- Be able to work within a multi-disciplinary team and forge strong and productive relationships across the organisation
- Strong IT skills including Excel, PowerPoint and shared file systems, such as DropBox
- Possess outstanding problem-solving skills, initiative and sensitivity
- Possess the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Have the right to work in the UK as we do not sponsor visas.
This vacancy is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
We are passionate about our club and we pride ourselves on our fair and open culture. If you share these values and are interested in joining our dynamic organisation then send your CV and covering letter to our recruitment partner, Alex MacArthur at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you don’t have an up to date CV then message Alex on LinkedIn to arrange an informal chat.
Closing date – 5pm Sunday 30th January 2022
Rochdale AFC is wholly committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people. We fully expect all Board members, employees and volunteers to always demonstrate and communicate this commitment.
As an equal opportunities’ employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status or any other consideration prohibited by law.
We are committed to positively promoting equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. All applicants will be considered for employment based on the job requirements and the individual’s ability and merits in meeting the requirements.