Rochdale AFC Academy are looking to recruit two Sports Rehabilitator / Sports Therapists.
Rochdale AFC Academy are looking to recruit two Sports Rehabilitator / Sports Therapists to assist with the treatment and rehabilitation of injuries programme for Academy players at Rochdale AFC and carry out related treatment and rehabilitation programmes associated with a professional Football Club.
This is an exciting opportunity for two highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals to be a member of the Sports Science and Medicine department at Rochdale AFC Academy. The successful candidates will contribute to the maintenance and development of a high-performance environment at the Academy. The roles will work with other key stakeholders including Talent ID and Coaching colleagues covering all aspects of player performance.
Rochdale AFC is wholly committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people. We fully expect all of our Board, employees and volunteers to demonstrate and communicate this commitment at all times.
Rochdale AFC accepts its responsibility in the belief that the welfare and protection of children and young people is paramount, therefore our aim is for the golden thread of safeguarding to run through every element of the club’s work.
Rochdale AFC are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability.
Reporting to: Head of Academy Sports Science & Medicine, Academy Manager, Phase Lead Coaches
- Liaise with the Head of Academy Sports Science & Medicine in order to provide a structured programme and timetable for the treatments and rehabilitation of Academy playing squads.
- Work closely with the Head of Sport Science and Medicine, Academy Manager, Academy Head of Coaching and Phase Lead Coaches to keep them fully informed of the treatments, rehabilitation programmes and fitness of players.
- Provide a treatments/rehabilitation player attendance procedure and ensure all players/staff are aware of the process and procedures in order to understand the methodology in place in order to receive such treatment/rehabilitation.
- Implement the treatment of injuries strategy for the Academy players and keep all Academy Management abreast of progress.
- Monitor players and report their progress on a regular basis, completing the relevant report forms.
- Ensure that players are provided with the full range of treatments in the aid to recovery and return to full fitness.
- Manage the treatments programme within the parameters of the Club’s Code of Conduct and Policies and Procedures on the treatment and management of injuries.
- Use PMA to maintain all registers and complete the specific treatment of injuries records for all players attending for treatment or diagnosis.
- Provide a month-to-month injury report and a four monthly detailed injury audit for YDP and FP.
- Deliver the treatment programmes associated with a professional football club using the required methods that meet the needs of the players.
- Provide the Academy Management and players with relevant information in order that they are fully aware of the treatment programme and what is required to aid a return to full fitness.
- Be actively involved in developing and enhancing the treatment and management of injuries programme, associated with players involved in a professional football club.
- Analyse and review the treatment and management of injuries programme on a regular basis in order to adapt the programme to meet specific player and squad needs.
- Provide reports to the Head of Sport Science and Medicine/ Academy Manager/ Academy Head of Coaching/Phase Leads on the players who have undergone treatment and rehabilitation on their progress and games performance when returning from injury/treatment.
- Attend staff meetings as scheduled.
- Maintain qualifications to the minimum requirements: ITMMiF, FA Safeguarding Children Certificate; FA Enhanced DBS check.
- Enhance and develop qualifications to meet the demands and needs of Rochdale AFC’s Medical department.
The successful applicants will need:
- ITMMiF – essential. However, Rochdale AFC will support the right candidate in achieving such qualification should they not already possess this.
- Degree in Sport Rehabilitation / Sports Therapy – desirable
Knowledge and Experience
- Background within football
- Knowledge of the Elite Player Performance Plan
- A desire to pursue a career in the football industry.
- Committed, enthusiastic and highly motivated.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- A positive and professional attitude and the ability to work with a range of individuals.
- Computer literate.
- Successful applicants will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance prior to taking the job role.
Salary: £10.50 per hour
Hours: 6-8 hours per week – Tuesday/Thursday evenings plus Saturday/Sunday.
If you meet the qualification criteria and feel you have the relevant experience and evidence to meet the role profile and person specification, then please complete and return the attached application form along with full CV to:
Closing Date: 5th October 2021
Click HERE to access the application form.
Rochdale AFC have previously been ranked the number 1 Academy for productivity at Category 3 for 2 years in succession. This means that over the three year period the Academy produced more home grown players to play first team football than any other club in the country at Category 3, second highest in the English Football League and third highest across the country including the Premier League. (Source: The Premier League)