Job vacancy - Commercial Executive
Salary - £30K - £35K
Based - Crown Oil Arena, Rochdale
Are you a Sales & Marketing professional looking for a new role in a growing commercial team with the opportunity to make a real impact?
We know there is much untapped potential in our commercial assets so we are now looking for an experienced Sales and Marketing professional to review the entire portfolio, create and implement a strategy which will introduce RAFC to a wider audience and maximise sales.
Working closely with the Commercial Director you will be strengthening the energetic commercial team by driving sales and achieving ambitious targets.
You will be responsible for developing and implementing strategic sales and marketing plans across all commercial areas within the club and to provide relevant management information on the ongoing progress of these initiatives.
You will also be taking the lead on actively promoting and selling room hire, hospitality, Dale Lotto and sponsorship in order to maximise revenue for the club and to build the reputation of RAFC within the local community as a venue of choice.
There will also be opportunity to help implement EFL and FA driven initiatives and to work closely with the Rochdale AFC Community Trust.
What are we looking for?
- Obviously, a proven track record of sales within the hospitality, events, leisure or professional sport sectors;
- Demonstrable success in identifying and closing sales opportunities through building relationships rather than hit and run selling;
- Experience of developing sales and marketing strategies from scratch;
- Team player with strong customer service and problem-solving skills;
- Good attention to detail while working in a fast-paced environment;
- Outstanding attention to detail and communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Great relationship builder with internal & external stakeholders;
- You must have the right to work in the UK as we don’t sponsor visas.
The team is really positive and friendly and is looking forward to welcoming a new colleague. If that is you then send your CV and covering letter to our recruitment partner, Alex MacArthur at ALM Recruitment. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date – 5pm Monday 22nd November 2021.
Rochdale AFC is wholly committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people. We fully expect all Board members, employees and volunteers to always demonstrate and communicate this commitment.
As an equal opportunities’ employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status or any other consideration prohibited by law.
We are committed to positively promoting equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. All applicants will be considered for employment based on the job requirements and the individual’s ability and merits in meeting the requirements.