Fit Fans returns to the Crown Oil Arena this May!
The popular course, which saw male participants get together towards the end of 2020, is returning to the Crown Oil Arena this May.
Organised and delivered by Rochdale AFC Community Trust, the female cohort will start on Thursday 20th May, and will run for 13 weeks 6:30pm – 8:00pm at the Crown Oil Arena.
The programme is proven to help people achieve significant long-term improvements in weight loss, physical activity, diet and psychological wellbeing.
FIT FANS shows individuals how to:
- Improve your eating habits by reducing portion sizes and swapping foods high in fat, sugar and salt for fruit, vegetables and high fibre foods;
- Achieve at least 45 minutes of moderate intensity physical activity on most days of the week. You will receive weekly exercise sessions for 12 weeks and follow a personal pedometer-based walking programme that encourages you to fit physical activity into your daily life;
- Uses tried and tested behaviour change techniques to become more active and improve your diet. These include regular self-monitoring of your weight and pedometer step counts and setting SMART goals to make changes that can be sustained long term.
To check your eligibility for the programme, please could you confirm that the following criteria apply to you:
- Age 35 – 65;
- BMI over 28 – you can check this using the online NHS BMI calculator: https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-weight/bmi-calculator/;
- Waist size at least 31 inches (79cm);
- Not previously participated in FIT FANS.
Anyone wishing to sign up or find out more information can email Rochdale AFC Community Trust’s Health and Inclusion Coordinator Charlotte on firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 01706 643 836.