Are you ready to take on a newly-created, high profile position within a well-established League One club?
Do you have the vision, energy and drive to create and implement a robust club-wide football philosophy?
Founded in 1907, Rochdale AFC is a thriving professional football team currently competing in League One of the EFL. The club is involved in a broad range of activities – sporting, commercial and charitable – and is supported by a strong executive team. To strengthen this team further we are now looking to recruit a Sporting Director to oversee the creation and implementation of a club-wide football philosophy.
Reporting to the CEO, you will work with the Board and both the First Team and Academy managers to develop the football philosophy of the club, and then oversee the strategies for rolling it out across the organisation. The ability to build effective relationships with key stakeholders is crucial.
You will be involved in every aspect of the sporting side of the club, with a particular focus on tactics, analysis, and recruitment in both the First Team and Academy and while a UEFA B licence is desirable it is not essential.
What are we looking for?
- Outstanding communication and influencing skills, both written and verbal
- A committed team player with the ability to lead, chair, and contribute to meetings
- The ability to take responsibility and be confident working in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to seek out and marshal a variety of diverse opinions to enrich decision-making
- Good time management skills and ability to work under pressure
- Possess the professional discretion required to deal with sensitive and confidential personal information
- Organisational skills coupled with excellent IT skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
What are our essential requirements?
- Knowledge of the Football Association and English Football League’s regulations governing competition and recruitment is essential; knowledge of parallel regulations in other leagues would also be beneficial.
- Previous experience at an EFL club or within football in a similar role
- Familiarity with the details, tools, and requirements of the recruitment process inside a professional club
- Experience working with professional football coaches in an analysis or advisory role would be highly beneficial, including familiarity with current tactical principles
- The candidate must be conversant and familiar with a broad group of players, agents, and ideally coaches within professional English football and other leagues that might offer opportunities for recruitment
We are passionate about our club and we pride ourselves on our fair and open culture. If you share these values and are interested in joining our dynamic organisation then send your CV and covering letter, explaining why you are suitable and what you would bring to this role, to our recruitment partner, Alex MacArthur at email@example.com.
If you don’t have an up-to-date CV then please message Alex through LinkedIn for an informal chat.
An enhanced DBS check will be required | Closing date - 5pm Monday 1st March 2021
Click HERE to view the Job Description.