Rochdale AFC Club Secretary
Interim role – initially six months.
Salary – dependant on experience.
Founded in 1907, Rochdale AFC is a thriving professional football team currently competing in League One of the EFL.
With a turnover of around £6million the club is involved in a broad range of activities – sporting, commercial and charitable – and is supported by a strong executive team.
To strengthen this team further we are now looking to recruit a Club Secretary to manage the vital administrative duties of the Club.
Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the football operation and will ensure that the club is fully compliant with the rules and regulations of the game.
What are we looking for?
- Outstanding organisational and administrative skills;
- Excellent IT skills including Word, Excel and Powerpoint;
- Good communication and influencing skills, both written and verbal;
- A committed team player with the ability to lead;
- The ability to take responsibility and be confident working in a fast-paced environment;
- Good time management skills;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Be an adept problem-solver;
- Possess the professional discretion required to deal with sensitive and confidential personal information;
- Knowledge of the EFL, FA and other rules and regulations would be beneficial, however, a capacity to quickly gain an understanding is acceptable;
- While previous experience at an EFL club or within football administration would be ideal, it is not an essential requirement.
Whilst this is nominally a 35-hour a week position, there will be occasionally a requirement to work or respond outside of normal office hours. Home match days will be included in the working week and reasonable time off in lieu will be given.
We are passionate about our club and we pride ourselves on our fair and open culture. If you share these values and are interested in joining our dynamic organisation then send your CV and covering letter to our recruitment partner, Alex MacArthur at email@example.com.
Closing date | 5pm, Friday 6th November.