Rochdale AFC Community Sports Trust; Salary – c£35,000.
Founded in 1907, Rochdale AFC is a thriving professional football team currently competing in League One of the EFL.
Rochdale AFC Community Sports Trust was formed in 1987 with the aim of encouraging more people, especially children, to play football; to forge closer links between the Club and the local community and to promote social inclusion by providing opportunities to young people who may be prevented from participating in mainstream activities. These original objectives are still as important to us as ever, but we are now reaching even more people in our community, such as asylum seekers and older people.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a commercially driven, energetic strategic leader to join the senior team.
Reporting to the Board of Trustees, the Community Sports Trust Manager will manage and further develop all aspects of the Community Programme and initiatives, ensuring all activities meet project aims and financial objectives alongside compliance with governance guidelines of the Premier League and the EFL.
This is a key appointment as the successful candidate will be managing the development and direction of the Trust as well as contributing to the development of the Board’s Strategic Plan.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience in a senior leadership role;
- A strong commercial track record with evidence of developing revenue streams and effectively managing costs;
- Evidence of successfully sourcing and securing new funding opportunities and increasing sales;
- Extensive proven experience in providing strategic direction, leadership and operational line management;
- Outstanding communicator (written, verbal and listening) at all levels;
- Experience of working with non-executive or charitable boards;
- Able to build and maintain trusted and effective relationships both internally and externally.
Above all, this is a role for an enthusiastic, resilient, commercial team player who possesses a real desire to make a difference in the Rochdale community.
Weekend working is expected and a day off during the week will be offered accordingly.
We are passionate about our Club and our Community Trust and we pride ourselves on our fair and open culture. If you share these values and are interested in joining our dynamic organisation then send your CV and covering letter to our recruitment partner, Alex MacArthur at email@example.com.