An opportunity has arisen to join the Club's Performance Analysis department.
Due to the number of applications already received for this role, the closing date has been brought forward. Instead of closing on Friday 20th November 2020, applications must now be received by 10pm on Sunday 15th November 2020.
Vacancy: First Team Performance Analyst
Department: Performance Analysis
Location: Crown Oil Arena, OL11 5DR; Rochdale Sports Club, OL11 5BX
Closing date: Sunday 15th November 2020
Reporting to the First Team Manager and the Head of Performance Analysis, the successful candidate will contribute to the achievement of the aims and performance targets of Rochdale AFC.
- Liaise with First Team Coaching Staff to provide post-match analysis on individual and team performance in line with the Club’s playing philosophy and structure.
- Lead the analysis of the First Team Integration matches, including any pre or post-match analysis which may be required.
- Maintain and develop the best-practice library in line with the Club’s style of play and position-specific player profiles.
- Effectively manage the administration of the ‘1%’ training program.
- Support the filming and coding of all home and away First Team games in line with the Club’s philosophy.
- Maintain statistical libraries which track player and team performance in the short-, medium- and long-term.
- Complete any other tasks as requested by the Club’s Coaching Staff and Head of Analysis.
The ideal candidate will have an organised approach to work and be able to deal with the time-pressured demands of League One football. They will be able to communicate effectively with colleagues, have a demonstrably good level of football understanding and knowledge of industry-specific analysis software/hardware equipment.
Qualifications and skills:
- A qualification at degree level (or equivalent) in sports analysis or a related area.
- Experience of delivering performance analysis services in professional football, either through coaching or analyst roles
- Good in-depth knowledge and competence of using Office, Hudl and video editing software packages on an Apple Mac.
- Experience in gathering statistical data - translating data amounts into concise documentation.
- The ability to work to deadlines using problem solving skills, initiative and sensitivity.
- Respond positively to change in a dynamic, fast-moving environment.
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team and develop productive intra-/inter-departmental relationships.
This role requires flexibility and a willingness to work non-standard hours in accordance with the needs of the Club.
Interested? Please send your CV and a covering letter to:
Head of Performance Analysis
Unfortunately, only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to work a two-month probationary period. This vacancy is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Rochdale AFC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, belief, and gender.