Dale In The Community Sports Trust's National Citizen Service (NCS) are recruiting for Team Leaders and Assistant Team Leaders.
The job includes supervising, motivating and inspiring young people whilst they take part in a two-week NCS Autumn programme. The activities are a blend of our traditional Phase 1&2 activities, designed to support young people coming back together with their peers with the plan to reflect the new world and new normal that young people are facing. You will be an organised and confident person and have the ability to work well as part of a team. You will be able to engage and support a group of up to 15 young people aged 15-17.
This role may be suited for individuals who are planning to progress into a career working with young people who want to gain some practical experience and further develop their skills in this area and also suitable to NCS Graduates and University students.
You will be also be expected to complete online training modules.
Your main duties will include:
- Be a positive role model at all times;
- Encourage and support your group of young people through any unforeseen challenges;
- Provide young people with signposting local support services;
- Supporting, encouraging and motivating a team of fifteen young people to complete the NCS programme;
- To support the assistant Team Leader to ensure all safeguarding, data handling and health & safety requirements are in place to protect NCS participants and staff;
- Engaging and building positive relationships with young people and their parent/carers;
- Working with the NCS staff team to deal with challenging behaviour from young people;
- Support the development of participants’ social action projects;
- Adhere to COVID-19 government guidelines.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- 3 GCSEs or equivalent;
- Knowledge of the NCS programme;
- Knowledge of young people's services;
- Experience and understanding of the issues affecting young people;
- Ability to work on your own initiative to an agreed action plan;
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential issues with tact and diplomacy;
- Salary will be dependant on experience and will be discussed at the interview.
Interested? Click HERE to apply.