We've teamed up with Quirky Catering to bring you another delicious recipe that can easily be cooked at home!
Send in a picture of your finished alfredo to firstname.lastname@example.org to be in with a chance of winning a special Dale prize!
Chicken, Spinach & Mushroom Alfredo
4 chicken breasts
500g tagliatelle (or use your favourite pasta)
500ml double cream
250g mushrooms (chopped into quarters)
150g spinach (washed)
150 grams of grated cheddar cheese
3 cloves of garlic (thinly sliced)
1 red onion (diced)
1 and 1/2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper
Spring onion (sliced on an angle for garnish)
- Start by making a quick marinade for the chicken by mixing the Italian seasoning with a pinch of salt and pepper , the juice from the lemon and half a cup of olive oil. Add one Thinly sliced clove of garlic to the mix and then rub into the chicken. Give this an hour or 2, or overnight which ever you prefer, the longer the better.
- Pre heat the your oven to 200 degrees.
- Get a large frying on a high heat and sear each of the chicken breasts for 2/3 minutes each side before placing into an oven proof dish with a touch of water in the bottom. Place in the oven for 20 minutes. Keep the pan you will need it!
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add your pasta with a pinch of salt.
- In the same frying pan used to sear the add the mushrooms and the diced onions and fry on a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of your garlic and cook for a further 5 minutes before adding your double cream and Italian seasoning. Once this begins to simmer add your cheese and stir together.
- By this time your pasta should be just about cooked, drain your pasta but save half a cup of the pasta water. Once drained add your pasta to the sauce mix and Chuck in the pasta water, it will give the sauce a sleek and shiny finish!
- Turn the heat up on the sauce mix and allow to thicken for around 5 minutes.
- While the sauce thickens take your cooked chicken from the oven , allow to rest for a couple of minutes before slicing.
- In a bowl or on a plate take a nice helping of your pasta and sauce, placing it in the middle and then add your sliced chicken to the top. Finish with some spring onion