Rochdale AFC have an exciting opportunity to join their Grounds team as Deputy Head Groundsman based at the Crown Oil Arena.
Working under the guidance of the Head Groundsman, the ideal candidate will have exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills that will help drive the team forward with the highest standards set by the existing team.
Key Responsibilities include:
• To lead and assist in the organisation of the team’s day to day duties to ensure the highest standards are maintained in absence of the Head Groundsman;
• To assist the Head Groundsman with reporting and record keeping;
• To develop proactive working relationships with the team, the coaching staff and management;
• Control of irrigation and frost covers;
• General maintenance of workshop, ensuring all tools and equipment are safely stored after use and issues with machinery are logged and submitted to the Head Groundsman;
• To adopt a “Lead from the front” approach to managing a team, when stepping in for the Head Groundsman.
Essential skills and experience required:
• Working towards or qualified NVQ Level 3 in sports turf management or equivalent qualification;
• Experience in working on professional sports pitches is desirable;
• A firm understanding of health and safety;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to remain calm under pressure;
• Ability to lead a team to achieve the desired standards;
• A proactive management style.
Salary is dependent on experience and will be negotiated upon a job offer.
If you would like to apply for this position, please forward a copy of your CV together with a covering letter advising why you feel you are a suitable candidate for the role to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is Friday 2nd November 2018 at 5pm.