Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Match Reports

Report: Fleetwood Town 2-2 Dale

14 October 2017

Match Reports

Report: Fleetwood Town 2-2 Dale

14 October 2017

Goals from Bradden Inman and Ian Henderson earned Rochdale a 2-2 draw with Fleetwood Town at Highbury Stadium.

Former Dale defender Ashley Eastham put the hosts ahead in the first half, before two goals in five minutes at the start of the second half put Dale ahead.

Inman and Henderson turned the game on its head, and Fleetwood were reduced to ten men when Wes Burns saw red for a two-footed challenge.

The ten men earned a point though with seven minutes remaining, when Devante Cole turned home a right-wing cross from six yards out.

Keith Hill made two changes to his side from last weekend, as Bradden Inman and Calvin Andrew replaced Ollie Rathbone and Steven Davies.

A quiet first half didn’t produce too many chances for either side in what was a very even match-up.

Callum Camps sent a half volley straight at Alex Cairns, and Devante Cole headed a Kyle Dempsey cross onto the roof of the net.

The only goal of the first 45 minutes was a scrappy one, as a poor corner somehow made its way into the six-yard box. Eastham emerged from a scramble to poke home from close range and break the deadlock.

Neither side deserved to be behind,

Camps saw another strike from outside the area comfortably held, whilst MJ Williams sent a powerful volley wide from Donervon Daniels’ deflected cross.

Joe Rafferty replaced Daniels at the break, ahead of a second half in which Dale turned the scoreline on its head within eight minutes.

The equaliser came less than three minutes after the restart, when MJ Williams’ clipped ball into the area eventually fell to Inman, whose left foot strike crept low into the far corner.

Five minutes later and Dale were ahead. Good work from Joe Bunney down the left opened space for a cross, which was met by Henderson, who headed powerfully beyond Cairns.

Dale also gained a man advantage midway through the period, when Fleetwood substitute Burns was shown a straight red card for a two-footed challenge on Camps.

Jordan Williams replaced Matty Done inside the final 20 minutes, but it was the home side who grabbed the next goal, equalising with seven minutes remaining.

Substitute Ashley Hunter’s cross from the right was inviting for Cole, who slid in and poked home from six yards out.

Dale were close to snatching the victory as the game entered stoppage time, when Jordan Williams’ deflected shot was tipped around the post by Cairns.

That was the closest either side went to winning it late on, as the spoils were shared at Highbury Stadium.

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match