Rochdale AFC in association with Dale In The Community Sports Trust and The Dale Supporters Trust are, for the second consecutive year, holding a charity pub run/ walk to Oldham Athletic's ground prior to the Derby Day fixture on Saturday 22nd April.
Funds raised will be donated to three worthy charities – Bloodwise (Joe Thompson’s designated charity), Prostate Cancer UK and former Dale Academy Player - Ellis Robinson, who continues his fight to walk again following a tragic accident 12 months ago which left him paralysed from the neck down.
Supporters are encouraged to join us on the run/ walk and donate generously!
Those who took part last year can verify what a great day it was, with a pleasant stroll/ jog up Oldham Road split up by a couple of pub stops and a magnificent 3-2 victory to round things off.
The plan is similar to last time:
· From 10am: Meet outside the RAFC Club Shop at the Crown Oil Arena
· Walkers to set off at 10.15am
· Runners to set off at at the slightly earlier time of 10.30am
· Pit-stop 1 – The Flying Horse Hotel, Rochdale town centre (1.2miles)
· Continue along Drake Street and on to Oldham Road
· Pit-stop 2 – The Summit pub on Oldham Road (2.6 miles from the Flying Horse Hotel)
· Pit-stop 3 (optional) – The Railway Inn
· Arrive at Boundary Park (2.4 miles from the Summit pub)
· Total distance: 6.2 miles
Feel free to call at more pubs en-route and don’t forget to bring your buckets for donations along the way!
Those who want to take part will be available to pick up a sponsor form from the RAFC Ticket Office and the Club Shop, or visit the Dale Trust website to download a form.