Rochdale Football Club are recruiting a Retail Manager.
Location: Club Shop, Pearl Street Stand
Hours of work: 35 hours per week
Shop Opening Hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
Saturday’s (non match day) 9am – 12pm
Saturday’s (match days) 9am – 3pm
Night Matches 9am – 7.45pm
Salary: Dependent upon experience
Click HERE to download a PDF version of the job description and person specification.
The role is to manage all aspects of the Rochdale AFC club shop and maximise sales income and profitability. You will be required to manage all retail sales, monitor and manage stock levels, deliver exceptional levels of customer service, produce regular management reports and manage and develop the Online Store.
• Manage and develop an efficient and profitable retail arm of Rochdale AFC.
• Maximise sales income and profitability.
• Monitor and manage all retail stock and merchandise.
• Deliver exceptional levels of customer service.
• Work within the Commercial Team.
• Produce weekly and monthly sales reports.
• Report directly to the Sales & Marketing Manager.
• Cash up till and reconcile daily.
• Complete yearly and rolling stock takes to ensure physical stock levels are consistent with system counts.
• Manage all ordering of stock.
• Ensure all products carry a unique barcode and are logged in See Three Sixty using the correct product description.
• Ensure the stock room has the correct stock profile to support shop floor sales.
• Ensure all items listed on the Online Store is in stock.
• Ensure all stock movements are documented and recorded within See Three Sixty.
• When stock is removed by another department ensure removal is authorised and stock is reported / charged correctly.
• Maintain a clean, tidy and attractive Club Shop.
• Replenish stock to maintain a full and clean retail environment.
• Operate in a friendly, professional and welcoming environment.
• Ensure all relevant product is available for sale.
• Ensure all stock is priced correctly.
• Selling all lines of general merchandise.
• Carry out visual merchandising and run promotional campaigns.
• Demonstrate product knowledge and selling skills to find suitable items that match customer’s needs.
• Report on sales targets / performance on a weekly / monthly basis.
• Attend monthly team meetings.
• Attend other meetings as and when required by the Sales & Marketing Manager, Chief Executive and Board of Directors.
• Provide outstanding customer service to each and every customer.
• Treat each customer with dignity and respect, always putting the customer before anything else.
• Discover the needs of your customer in an appropriate, non-pushy manner.
• Maintain your personal appearance to the highest standards.
• Leave a lasting, positive impression and encourage a return visit.
• Ensure customer data is collected and recorded within the CRM.
• Ensure all stock is available within the Online Store.
• Ensure product descriptions, prices and stock is listed accurately.
• Obtain quality stock images for use online.
• Run promotions and special offers.
• Organise the postage and packaging of all online sales.
• Personalise shirts with highest standards of quality and accuracy.
• Take coach bookings for away matches.
• Provide suitable content for regular e-marketing campaigns.
• Contribute creative ideas to improve the profitability of the Club Shop.
• Manage, support and deliver ad hoc projects as required from time – to – time.
• Develop good working relationships with various suppliers.
• Play a key role within the Commercial Team at Rochdale AFC.
• Work flexibly and outside normal working hours as and when required to meet the needs of Rochdale AFC.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:-
• Experienced in a customer focused environment.
• A genuine interest in people.
• Confident, positive and a happy disposition.
• Organised, structured and self-motivated.
• IT competent.
• High Personal standards.
The following would be advantageous:-
• Previous retail experience.
• Football knowledge.
• Fabric knowledge and sublimation printing.
• Experience using See Three Sixty software or similar.
Please send your CV and Letter of Application to:
Sales & Marketing Manager
Tel: 01706 753 581
Deadline: Friday 29th April 2016