This role will involve managing the Performance Analysis Department ensuring both the club's First Team and Academy Teams receive extensive video and statistical support.
Reporting directly to the club’s First Team Manager and Academy Manager, this person must oversee and further develop current analysis practices throughout the Football Club whilst working within budget.
The role will consist of training, pre-, post- and match-day live analysis to help aide the performance of the club's First and Academy teams. The successful candidate must be dedicated, proactive and have a good understanding of the game to help support and develop the current structure in place.
• Film and live code all home and away all First and Development Team games in line with the club's philosophy
• Produce pre- and post-match video and statistical reports in line with the club’s playing philosophy and structure
• Effectively manage and recruit to ensure the growth and development of the Performance Analysis Department
• Present pre-match analysis to the Club’s Management and First Team players
• Oversee and develop all analysis within the Club’s Academy
• Ensure all under 18s games are filmed, coded and analysed in line with the team, unit and individual learning objectives
• Maintain and develop the Club’s best practice library in line with the Club’s position-specific player profiles
• Maintain all statistical libraries which track player performance from in the short-, medium- and long-term
• Ensure all video footage is uploaded to the relevant file sharing platforms
• Work effectively and efficiently in supporting the clubs Head of Sport Science and Head of Scouting in any day-to-day roles.
• Maintain a database and breakdown of all goals scored and conceded throughout League 1, as well as all goals scored and conceded by Rochdale AFC
• Log and track potential players for recruitment in line with the Club’s position-specific player profiles
• Manage, maintain and distribute equipment effectively
• Maintain and develop great working relationships with all of the clubs partners
• Graduated with an undergraduate degree in Sport Science or Performance Analysis
• Have excellent I.T skills, particularly comfortable working with Microsoft Excel, Power Point and across both Mac and Windows Platform
• Extensive experience working with Sports code software
• Have an excellent understanding of the tactical and technical concepts of the game
• Hold an FA Level 2 coaching certificate
• Have a minimum of two years experience in Performance Analysis working full time within a professional football club
• Be proactive, forward thinking organized and dedicated in all aspects of their work
• Willing to work both unsociable hours and weekends
• Have excellent communication skills and a great understanding of the environment you will be working within
• Display good initiative
• Work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team environment and be prepared to assist other staff members with all day-to-day responsibilities
• MSc in Sport Science or Performance Analysis
• Experience, using Focus X2, LongoMatch, BlackMagic, FinalCut Pro and Qlikview software
• Professional or semi-professional playing experience
Stage 1: Submit CV and Cover letter
Stage 2: Invite to send across examples of previous work
Stage 3: Pre-interview task
Stage 4: Formal interview and presentation of pre-interview task
Remuneration dependent on experience.
This is a permanent role and one we are looking to fill immediately. The role will primarily be based at the Club’s Spotland Stadium although you will be expected to travel to and from various training locations.
If you feel you can fully commit to this role please forward your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before Midday Wednesday 29th July.