Vacancy: Part Time Academy Youth Development Phase Coach (U13-U16)
Academy Manager / Head of Coaching / Phase Lead Coach
Summary of the Role:
Following the recent success of their Elite Player Performance Plan Category 3 status, Rochdale Association Football Club are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed qualified coaches to work in their Academy on a part-time basis. The role will include working in the evenings and at weekends.
Salary & Hours:
£25.00 per session/game plus weekly expenses
Tuesday & Thursday for 1.5 hours between 5.30 & 9.30pm (depending on age group) and Academy games on Sunday Mornings (Home & Away)
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Developing Academy players
- Planning, delivering, evaluating and recording coaching sessions
- Delivering age appropriate coaching sessions to meet the needs of the players
- Monitoring individual and team performance within training and games
The successful applicants will need:
- UEFA B Coaching Qualification
- FA Youth Award Modules 1- 3 (or working towards)
- Current FA CRB check, FA Emergency Aid (or BFAS) FA
- Safeguarding Children and FA Licensed Coaches Club membership (or renewable on appointment)
Knowledge and Experience:
- Background within football
- Knowledge of Elite Football Development and session planning
- Knowledge of the Elite Player Performance Plan
- Experience of Coaching in an Academy/Centre of Excellence/Elite Player environment
- Preferable knowledge and experience of Age Specific Characteristics (U13-U16)
- A desire to pursue a career in the football industry.
- Committed, enthusiastic and highly motivated, showing a passion for developing players.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- A positive and professional attitude and the ability to work with a range of individuals.
- Successful applicants will be subject to enhanced CRB clearance prior to taking the job role.
- Computer literate.
Please send a current CV and covering letter to:
Tony Ellis, Academy
Manager, Rochdale Football Club, Spotland Stadium, Sandy Lane, Rochdale, OL11 5DR
Or an email to
Please quote Youth Development Phase position as a reference on your application.
Closing date for applications isFebruary 2nd 2015.