COVID 19 SPECTATOR CODE OF CONDUCT
Rochdale AFC looks forward to welcoming you back to the Crown Oil Arena. This code has been compiled based on guidance from the government and Sports Ground Safety Authority, and it is subject to change depending on current advice. It includes a commitment from supporters to respect the social distancing needs of others, but also to avoid putting the health of fellow fans, players and staff working at the ground, at risk. All fans who attend a match at The Crown Oil Arena, whether in general admission areas or in hospitality must agree to comply with this Covid-19 Spectator Code of Conduct.
There is a shared responsibility from all attending games to act with care and consideration for the benefit of everyone involved at Rochdale AFC as well as the local community.
Any wilful breaches of social distancing recommendations as set out by the Club will prevent individual(s) from applying for admittance to future reduced capacity matches, or additional measures being taken by the Club including a Stadium ban. Furthermore, any wilful breaches may result in action being taken against the Club, which could result in future matches being played with a further reduction of capacity or behind closed doors.
As a condition of purchasing or being allocated a ticket, in order to assist with NHS Test and Trace requirements, the following applies:
- You must carry out your own personal risk assessment, taking into consideration not only your age, health status and clinical vulnerability, but also, if booking for others within your social bubble; their age, health status, and clinical vulnerability, as well as local/national guidelines relating to and based upon any revised social distancing measures.
- You must be the named supporter on your ticket for the match and be able to confirm this with acceptable photo ID on request. You may be requested to provide a photo ID to confirm your ticket belongs to you, either on entry to the Stadium or whilst inside.
- Supporters wishing to be seated together can do so as a social bubble, which current government guidelines state is a maximum of 6 people from a maximum of 2 households.
- By booking for a number of people in registering your social bubble, you are responsible for confirming that you and each member of your bubble not currently displaying Covid -19 symptoms. Please make sure everyone in your social bubble has read and understood this Code of Conduct too.
- If you or anyone within your social bubble develops any Covid-19 symptoms before a game (https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/) , they must not attend the match.
- All tickets are non-transferable; you must not sell or pass on tickets to any other individual. If you or any of your group are unable to attend, you must contact the ticket office.
- Arrive in good time to go through all the necessary entry procedures and only enter the Stadium via the designated turnstile as printed on your ticket. Guidance regarding the route you should take will be issued on our website prior to the game to try and avoid congestion.
- Be aware that we strongly recommend you wear a face covering and use it at all times whilst approaching the Stadium, whilst queuing, in toilets, unless you are exempt. We would also strongly recommend that masks be worn whilst in the Stadium seating area, again unless you are exempt. Gloves are not required. Government guidance regarding masks can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own
- At all times and in all parts of the ground, please observe social distancing and avoid close contact with others not in your social bubble. Take safety measures including remaining in your seat at all times where possible, covering your mouth/nose with the crook of your elbow if you need to sneeze or cough, avoiding hugs or high fives and taking extreme care when shouting, singing or celebrating. Have consideration for all our fellow supporters who are seated near you.
- Use the hand sanitiser dispensers provided and avoid touching your face whenever possible.
- If you do need to leave your seat, wait for a time when the route is clear. When moving past other spectators, to and from your seat, please avoid face to face contact with other spectators.
- If you need to access any of the ground’s amenities, such as toilets, check to see if any of them are not in use, and plan accordingly. There will be social distancing queues at toilets, including at half time.
- There will be no gathering within the concourse at any time. Please return to your seats as quickly as possible to reduce the number of people on the concourse.
- Be aware that ALL payments inside the ground are now contactless and that food and drink kiosk will not be in operation.
- If possible, please do not bring any bags to the Stadium.
- You must refrain from touching the match ball if it is kicked out of play and into the stands. Please do not throw balls directly back onto the pitch to protect the health of the players. A designated member of staff will retrieve the ball, sanitise it and return it to the field of play.
- Please do not approach any of the Club or visiting Club’s players or members of coaching staff at any time. Players and staff are not permitted to sign autographs or pose for photos at this time.
- If stewards have a concern over social groups/gatherings inside the Stadium, you may be asked to prove that you have been allocated the seat that you are occupying. Please remember that you are required to show your match ticket/digital ticket for the game to stewards as and when requested. Every other row within the Stadium seating area is to remain sterile and stewards will be required to investigate instances where people appear to be occupying these rows.
- Consider your journey when leaving the stadium. If you do not need to leave straight away, consider allowing the rush to ease before leaving. Stewards have been instructed and are prepared for you to stagger your journeys home.
- When exiting the Stadium, you must follow instructions in relation to exit routes.
- Any breach of this Code of Conduct will be addressed by the Club.
- This is new to all of us and as always, we welcome feedback on any of the procedures that we have put in place for all of our health and safety. This Code of Conduct may be amended to reflect changes in the law and regulatory requirements or in order to comply with the latest Government guidelines.
Thank you for your support and co-operation.